ASM to Sega Genesis Platform

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ASM to Sega Genesis Platform

All about assembly programming in the Sega Genesis console.

5 posters

Fuck this elitist Sonic Hacking Community

Jdpense
    Jdpense

Fuck this elitist Sonic Hacking Community  Empty Fuck this elitist Sonic Hacking Community

Post  Jdpense Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:12 am

These elitist assholes never give me feedback on my projects that I work hard on

I never receive replies to projects I release on SSRG, nor Sonic Retro

my hacks never get their own showcase by that elitist prick MegaGwolf or the general people (who showcase hacks with their own commentary) of the community that usually play hacks

The close thing I ever get for feedback is a "this sucks/ this is shit and I'm not going to elaborate why" but only during the chatrooms of every SHC stream or comments of Razor's play-through of my hack

I'm just fucking sick of my content/creation being completely ignored/overlooked to the point of it not existing/fading away to obscurity to the community....

doubt anyone will care enough to read this....
    Ravenfreak
    Ravenfreak

Current Project : Spam!

Fuck this elitist Sonic Hacking Community  Empty Re: Fuck this elitist Sonic Hacking Community

Post  Ravenfreak Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:37 am

At least RazorZenon plays your hacks. Razz They never played any of my hacks. They even play the shittiest palette hacks too, which surprises me why they never once played any of my hacks... :S I think your hacks are cool! I just don't post on Retro nor SSRG as often as I used to if I'm being honest...
    SonicVaan
    SonicVaan

Current Project : BEING THE KING OF THE FORUM

Fuck this elitist Sonic Hacking Community  Empty Re: Fuck this elitist Sonic Hacking Community

Post  SonicVaan Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:40 pm

RazorZenon are great and nice. MegaG played a hack of mine once. But yeah, people expect the greatest features, the newest art, etc, so prolly that's why they don't bother anymore
    Jdpense
    Jdpense

Post  Jdpense Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:25 pm

SonicVaan wrote:But yeah, people expect the greatest features, the newest art, etc, so prolly that's why they don't bother anymore
    Not to even give negative feedback??? Try telling that to Metal Sonic Rebooted, released in 2017. A shovelware hack that has recycled art from 2010 and Metal Sonic, without any programming changes to make it all that interesting. Try telling that to Sonic 3 and Knuckles Battle Race, released in 2018. A hack that is literally the same concept as Sonic 2 Battle Race, but without too many new gameplay features of its own (S2 Battle Race was created by ColinC10, btw, NOT the same creators as S3K Battle Race.) Yet these hacks have won 1st place to their respective contests and have thousands of people playing these hacks, ass-kissing the creators. So I find your claim of "people expect the greatest features, the newest art, etc" to complete bullshit and outright insulting since I work my ass off on my hacks...
    SonicVaan
    SonicVaan

Post  SonicVaan Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:49 pm

Jdpense wrote:
    SonicVaan wrote:But yeah, people expect the greatest features, the newest art, etc, so prolly that's why they don't bother anymore
    Not to even give negative feedback??? Try telling that to Metal Sonic Rebooted, released in 2017. A shovelware hack that has recycled art from 2010 and Metal Sonic, without any programming changes to make it all that interesting. Try telling that to Sonic 3 and Knuckles Battle Race, released in 2018. A hack that is literally the same concept as Sonic 2 Battle Race, but without too many new gameplay features of its own (S2 Battle Race was created by ColinC10, btw, NOT the same creators as S3K Battle Race.) Yet these hacks have won 1st place to their respective contests and have thousands of people playing these hacks, ass-kissing the creators. So I find your claim of "people expect the greatest features, the newest art, etc" to complete bullshit and outright insulting since I work my ass off on my hacks...

Sorry I think I put out the wrong words. I don't really check the other forums anymore that much but then again, I guess people just hype about hacks from "famous" people or people who made themselves a good name. I know how them people can be. Once again I'm sorry for my wrong wording. But too be honest RazorZenon are pretty much good promotion though, I wouldn't care about MegaG. When I think about hack videos, I think about RazorZenon. Don't you get comments on their videos?
    Jdpense
    Jdpense

Post  Jdpense Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:15 am

SonicVaan wrote:
    Jdpense wrote:

Sorry I think I put out the wrong words. I don't really check the other forums anymore that much but then again, I guess people just hype about hacks from "famous" people or people who made themselves a good name. I know how them people can be. Once again I'm sorry for my wrong wording. But too be honest RazorZenon are pretty much good promotion though, I wouldn't care about MegaG. When I think about hack videos, I think about RazorZenon. Don't you get comments on their videos?
    It's fine, I might have misread your previous post... as for RazorZenon, yes the videos on my hack get comments but the comments are usually never anything helpful other than a "This sucks", or "Oh LoOky a MeMe i FoUnD"... also I'd rather have someone play my hack with commentary of some kind, because at least I can get something insightful from it, than just normal playthrough without any commentary, and Razor never gives his thoughts on my hack...
    SonicVaan
    SonicVaan

Post  SonicVaan Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:23 pm

Jdpense wrote:
    SonicVaan wrote:
    Jdpense wrote:

It's fine, I might have misread your previous post... as for RazorZenon, yes the videos on my hack get comments but the comments are usually never anything helpful other than a "This sucks", or "Oh LoOky a MeMe i FoUnD"... also I'd rather have someone play my hack with commentary of some kind, because at least I can get something insightful from it, than just normal playthrough without any commentary, and Razor never gives his thoughts on my hack...

To be honest if people don't give you constructive critism, I'd let your friends or close people play it, they'd definitely give you some.

Personally I don't have a lot of time and need to find work in these times of corona hysteria but I maybe I have to stick to freelancing. Also I'm kinda addicted to SRB2 rn...
    Jdpense
    Jdpense

Post  Jdpense Mon May 25, 2020 12:21 pm

Jdpense wrote:Not to even give negative feedback??? Try telling that to Metal Sonic Rebooted, released in 2017. A shovelware hack that has recycled art from 2010 and Metal Sonic, without any programming changes to make it all that interesting. Try telling that to Sonic 3 and Knuckles Battle Race, released in 2018. A hack that is literally the same concept as Sonic 2 Battle Race, but without too many new gameplay features of its own (S2 Battle Race was created by ColinC10, btw, NOT the same creators as S3K Battle Race.) Yet these hacks have won 1st place to their respective contests and have thousands of people playing these hacks, ass-kissing the creators. So I find your claim of "people expect the greatest features, the newest art, etc" to complete bullshit and outright insulting since I work my ass off on my hacks...

Okay anyone who's reading this post right now, just want to clarify that I feel that this post of mine that I have quoted here was worded badly.. I actually quite liked S3K Battle Race a lot! Natsumi and Markey Jester did wonderful work with the replication of the Battle Race gameplay along with impressive Menu Screens! I only used S3K Battle Race as an example in my previous post because I wanted to show to SonicVaan that not every hack needs to have a new overhaul of new art, new levels, etc in order to receive recognition and receive feedback on...
    Jdpense
    Jdpense

Post  Jdpense Mon May 25, 2020 12:25 pm

SonicVaan wrote: To be honest if people don't give you constructive critism, I'd let your friends or close people play it, they'd definitely give you some.
    Though that kinda kills the purpose of "getting involved with the community" or "exposing work to public eye"
    SonicVaan
    SonicVaan

Post  SonicVaan Mon May 25, 2020 11:22 pm

Jdpense wrote:
    SonicVaan wrote: To be honest if people don't give you constructive critism, I'd let your friends or close people play it, they'd definitely give you some.
    Though that kinda kills the purpose of "getting involved with the community" or "exposing work to public eye"

you can't force a hive of narrow-minded knowbettered fucks to play your stuff. they're lazy. To be honest I'm kinda glad to be out of the community. I wouldn't be surprised if there were more toxic people now
    Jdpense
    Jdpense

Post  Jdpense Wed May 27, 2020 7:14 am

SonicVaan wrote:
    Jdpense wrote:

you can't force a hive of narrow-minded knowbettered fucks to play your stuff. they're lazy. To be honest I'm kinda glad to be out of the community. I wouldn't be surprised if there were more toxic people now
    I know and it saddens me =c but the community isn't actually as toxic as they used to be
    Jdpense
    Jdpense

Fuck this elitist Sonic Hacking Community  Empty Ok Nevermind MegaGwolf Showcased my HacK!!! You can trash this thread!!!!!11!!1!!1

Post  Jdpense Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:34 am

I can die happy now.....
    Jdpense
    Jdpense

Post  Jdpense Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:36 am

Jdpense wrote:

I can die happy now.....
    Apologies to what I wrote to Mr. G earlier...
    Jdpense
    Jdpense

Post  Jdpense Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:38 am

Jdpense wrote:
    Jdpense wrote:

I can die happy now.....
    Apologies about the insults I wrote to Mr. G earlier...
    Fixed.
    Jdpense
    Jdpense

Post  Jdpense Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:39 am

Jdpense wrote:
    Jdpense wrote:
    Jdpense wrote:

I can die happy now.....
    Apologies about the insults I wrote about Mr. G earlier...
    Fixed.

Fixed again... >_>
    SonicVaan
    SonicVaan

Post  SonicVaan Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:20 pm

LOL awesome Razz
    Jdpense
    Jdpense

Post  Jdpense Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:12 pm

Jdpense
    Jdpense

Post  Jdpense Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:14 pm

Fixed my earlier post
    Electroball_
    Electroball_

Current Project : who cares

Post  Electroball_ Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:31 pm

Jdpense wrote:
    Electroball_
    Electroball_

Post  Electroball_ Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:33 pm

Electroball_ wrote:
    Electroball_
    Electroball_

Post  Electroball_ Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:34 pm

cool
    Jdpense
    Jdpense

Post  Jdpense Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:26 am

Jdpense
    Jdpense

Post  Jdpense Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:28 am

Jdpense
    Jdpense

Post  Jdpense Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:31 am

Jdpense
    Jdpense

Post  Jdpense Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:32 am

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 11:58 pm