ASM to Sega Genesis Platform

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ASM to Sega Genesis Platform

All about assembly programming in the Sega Genesis console.

3 posters

Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly Project originally started on May 13th, 2017 by Ravenfreak. Disclaimer: This is a work in progress split disassembly. Sonic is owned by SEGA. If you wish to help with this project send me a private message on Sonic Retro, SSR

Ravenfreak
    Ravenfreak

Current Project : Spam!

Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly Project originally started on May 13th, 2017 by Ravenfreak. Disclaimer: This is a work in progress split disassembly. Sonic is owned by SEGA. If you wish to help with this project send me a private message on Sonic Retro, SSR Empty Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly Project originally started on May 13th, 2017 by Ravenfreak. Disclaimer: This is a work in progress split disassembly. Sonic is owned by SEGA. If you wish to help with this project send me a private message on Sonic Retro, SSR

Post  Ravenfreak Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:00 pm

Very Happy:)SadSurprised:shock:CoolLaughingMad:P EmbarassedCrying or Very sadEvil or Very MadTwisted EvilRolling EyesWinkExclamationQuestionIdeaArrowNeutralWhat a FaceLike a Star @ heavenSuspectI love youNo@cyclopsclownpirattonguesilentpalealiencatmonkeypigrabbitbounceconfusedaffraidBasketballcheersbomdrunkenSleepsunnyalbinocherrysantarendeerfaraoking

When I get bored, I log into the forum to spam.
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    Project originally started on May 13th, 2017 by Ravenfreak.
    Disclaimer: This is a work in progress split disassembly.
    Sonic is owned by SEGA. If you wish to help with this project send me a private message on Sonic Retro, or SSRG
    What's split in this version?
    The music, block mappings, palettes, some object logic, some level layouts, level headers, and some art.

I've also identified most of the monitor code, some RAM offsets, and some of Sonic's logic.
    This builds a 100% accurate rom. It however, will break if overflows are present.

Update 1/16/2019:
    Split the crabmeat, signpost, green hill zone swing object logic, and explosion logic. The ghz moving platform object is currently being split from the main
    source file, and will be added to the object_logic folder.

Update 9/20/2020:
    Started converting code located at 1415 from hex to readable code. Not everything is identified yet, but some of the logic seems to be the signpost logic.
    Added some misc. padding and unknown data to new folders to help organize the disassembly. Next up, moving all the already identified banks to banks.asm
    to further organize the disassembly.

Update 9/26/2020:
    Code from 1415 to 1CC4 has been fully converted from hex to readable code. Started converting code found at 1F0B from hex to readable code. Most of this code seems
    to deal with the ending, judging by the music cue. Might also be some boss code not sure yet.

Update 12/18/2020:
    Moved GHZ 1 and 2's object layouts from hex to assembly files to make them easier to edit. Working on moving the rest of the object layouts to this same format, plus
    trying to indentify the last of the object layouts.

Update 12/19/2020:
    All object layouts have been fully documented and added to assembler files to be edited easier.

Update 12/26/2020:
    Started moving level headers to assembly files to make them easier to edit.
    Jdpense
    Jdpense

Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly Project originally started on May 13th, 2017 by Ravenfreak. Disclaimer: This is a work in progress split disassembly. Sonic is owned by SEGA. If you wish to help with this project send me a private message on Sonic Retro, SSR Empty Re: Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly Project originally started on May 13th, 2017 by Ravenfreak. Disclaimer: This is a work in progress split disassembly. Sonic is owned by SEGA. If you wish to help with this project send me a private message on Sonic Retro, SSR

Post  Jdpense Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:54 pm

You see, I would help but I had a hard time time liking this game lol
    CoolSpot.
    CoolSpot.

Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly Project originally started on May 13th, 2017 by Ravenfreak. Disclaimer: This is a work in progress split disassembly. Sonic is owned by SEGA. If you wish to help with this project send me a private message on Sonic Retro, SSR Empty Re: Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly Project originally started on May 13th, 2017 by Ravenfreak. Disclaimer: This is a work in progress split disassembly. Sonic is owned by SEGA. If you wish to help with this project send me a private message on Sonic Retro, SSR

Post  CoolSpot. Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:15 pm

Saw this topic and reminded me of smth, I think there is a GG/MS emulator that supports real-time disassembling of code, but idr what it's called atm. That would probably be useful for this kinda thing. I know Exodus has something similar for Genesis as well, but Exodus sucks donkey cock so no one uses it lmfao.
    Ravenfreak
    Ravenfreak

Current Project : Spam!

Post  Ravenfreak Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:50 pm

CoolSpot. wrote:Saw this topic and reminded me of smth, I think there is a GG/MS emulator that supports real-time disassembling of code, but idr what it's called atm. That would probably be useful for this kinda thing. I know Exodus has something similar for Genesis as well, but Exodus sucks donkey cock so no one uses it lmfao.
    Emulicious perhaps? That's the emulator I use whenever I work on my projects, I've created a few diassemblies with it too. I really should get back into hacking, I don't think I'll have a hack for the contest but meh. I'm going to be a judge this year anyways so I'd like to focus on that whenever the contest rolls around.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:50 am