ASM to Sega Genesis Platform

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ASM to Sega Genesis Platform

All about assembly programming in the Sega Genesis console.

+3
Squidward Tentacles
Green Snake
ThomasSpeedrunner
7 posters

Green Snake, read this. All others, go back to what you were doing before.

ThomasSpeedrunner

Green Snake, read this. All others, go back to what you were doing before. Empty Green Snake, read this. All others, go back to what you were doing before.

Post  ThomasSpeedrunner Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:09 pm

Green Snake, why are you so hostile towards me? You've called my work shit, said nothing to help me improve upon it, and then acted like I'm the bad guy. Proof?

IRC wrote: And I wanna help with some art stuffs =P
    * kelvinsonic100 has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
    Can I help with some art stuffs, EK?
    I want to see your works on your hack first
    then show me it.
    * kelvinsonic100 (b19e430d@hmask-29FC3337.mibbit.com) has joined #sgd
    * kelvinsonic100 has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
    Redhot Rush Zone: https://2img.net/r/ihimg/a/img163/2730/hecv.png
    * kelvinsonic100 (b19e430d@hmask-358FF762.mibbit.com) has joined #sgd
    You have no art skills TSR
    And here's Starry Fields Zone: https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img109/3701/mnq6.png
    Also, shut up, Green Snake. I do these myself.
    * ThomasSpeedrunner is annoyed with Green Snake
    It isn't too flat and too untexturized, man?
    Meh
    I can't shade for shit ;V
    ...?
    *:V
    It's not a problem os shading
    is how the art is.
    it's too flat, and very repetitive and un-texturized
    It is that there is 4 ugly tiles
    That is not art
    So?
    This is merely a starting point.
    Everything looks like a wall, TSR.
    And bad
    So? So! Its not fucking art, its shit imo. Its not what S1HL neef
    *needs
    But better than seeing GHZ art again and again =P
    So? So! Its not fucking art, its shit imo. Its not what S1HL needs
    Sad
    Yeah, but its pissing me off a bit that he thinks its ok for S1HL.
    SonicVaan? What in the world you mean?
    I never said it was.
    Sad
    Yes you did
    No, I didn't.
    EK: If it's for his hack, it's okay. I am personally tired of seeing the original Sonic 1 art in hacks again and again
    There's your proof.

Do you think I still respect you after this? Guess what. I don't, to be quite honest. I've tried hard to make reasonable art, and you haven't given any constructive criticism on my work, which pisses me off to no extent. Explanation?
    Green Snake
    Green Snake

Current Project : nope

Green Snake, read this. All others, go back to what you were doing before. Empty Re: Green Snake, read this. All others, go back to what you were doing before.

Post  Green Snake Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:02 pm

You were suggesting to help with something you barely know anything about. It pissed me a bit, especially when EK is quite good artist.
    ThomasSpeedrunner

Green Snake, read this. All others, go back to what you were doing before. Empty Re: Green Snake, read this. All others, go back to what you were doing before.

Post  ThomasSpeedrunner Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:35 pm

Green Snake wrote:You were suggesting to help with something you barely know anything about. It pissed me a bit, especially when EK is quite good artist.
    In case I didn't make it clear enough the first time...

ThomasSpeedrunner wrote:...you haven't given any constructive criticism...
    Green Snake
    Green Snake

Post  Green Snake Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:39 pm

Here is your fucking criticism: It sucks.
    Happy now?
    ThomasSpeedrunner

Post  ThomasSpeedrunner Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:40 pm

...Do you know what constructive criticism is? Because that's not constructive criticism.
    Green Snake
    Green Snake

Post  Green Snake Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:43 pm

I cant give you constructive criticism on something that you have spent 5 minutes in. 4 tiles, 4 fucking tiles and you expect me to take more time to tell you pros and cons in your art than how much time you wasted on drawing them. No, not gonna happen.
    Green Snake
    Green Snake

Post  Green Snake Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:47 pm

dont expect everyone to give you criticism either, sometimes they just dont have anything to say or they dont bother to.
    ThomasSpeedrunner

Post  ThomasSpeedrunner Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:23 pm

Green Snake wrote:I cant give you constructive criticism on something that you have spent 5 minutes in. 4 tiles, 4 fucking tiles and you expect me to take more time to tell you pros and cons in your art than how much time you wasted on drawing them. No, not gonna happen.
    Five minutes?

FIVE FUCKING MINUTES?

You don't know how long I've been working on that. This is why I can't really respect you. You are impatient, not only towards me, but towards a few others as well, and I'm not about to let that go unnoticed.

Didn't you catch the fucking hint that it was still a work in progress? I probably could have shown it on SGD and gotten some sort of criticism. People have given criticism on my work before, except you. There's a difference between someone saying,

"Okay, this isn't that good, but you can improve it by..."

And someone saying,

"This sucks."

NEVER have I seen that type of thing happen. The first example was constructive criticism; the second was non-constructive criticism. In your own rules, you state the following:

SGD Rule Post wrote:We don't want any kind of disrespectful, or hateful behavior here and user may be banned for this reason. Read more and in more detail at the end of the post.
    So already, you've broken your own rules.

I seriously ask, what the actual fuck?
    ThomasSpeedrunner

Post  ThomasSpeedrunner Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:24 pm

ThomasSpeedrunner wrote:
    Green Snake wrote:I cant give you constructive criticism on something that you have spent 5 minutes in. 4 tiles, 4 fucking tiles and you expect me to take more time to tell you pros and cons in your art than how much time you wasted on drawing them. No, not gonna happen.
    Five minutes?

FIVE FUCKING MINUTES?

You don't know how long I've been working on that. This is why I can't really respect you. You are impatient/mean, not only towards me, but towards a few others as well, and I'm not about to let that go unnoticed.

Didn't you catch the fucking hint that it was still a work in progress? I probably could have shown it on SGD and gotten some sort of criticism. People have given criticism on my work before, except you. There's a difference between someone saying,

And someone saying,

"This sucks."

NEVER have I seen that type of thing happen. The first example was constructive criticism; the second was non-constructive criticism. In your own rules, you state the following:

SGD Rule Post wrote:We don't want any kind of disrespectful, or hateful behavior here and user may be banned for this reason. Read more and in more detail at the end of the post.

^Edit of the post because no edit button. :V
    Green Snake
    Green Snake

Post  Green Snake Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:39 pm

ThomasSpeedrunner wrote:FIVE FUCKING MINUTES?

You don't know how long I've been working on that. This is why I can't really respect you. You are impatient, not only towards me, but towards a few others as well, and I'm not about to let that go unnoticed.

And someone saying,

"This sucks."

[quote='Green Snake']You were suggesting to help with something you barely know anything about. It pissed me a bit, especially when EK is quite good artist.
    [/quote]First of all, this. Like I said, you pissed me off by suggesting that in the first place. Now, it doesn't help when you post some poor art, which looks like you have not used any fucking effort to create.
    And no, I am not impatient, but I have seen no one to take weeks to do something very small like you have done. I'm not an artist, and I suck at it pretty much, but I have made art which has some effort to it in few days. Says a lot, doesnt it? I dont give you criticism too often because I dont see a reason to. Were you showing half assed code which barely works or shitty art, I see no time spent on it whatsoever. And you ask right away when you are unsure how things work. That is not really good sign at all. Sure, a day sounds much, but for the fact it is relatively short time. I have been working on my hack for well over 6 months, every day spent around 8 hours to make it, and I still am just starting off with it. So, your day doesnt sound much anymore.
    The reason why I am "braking" my rule is how you act when I say you things like this. For example, ragequitting, arrogancy, and all kinds of things which make me more pissed.
    Squidward Tentacles

Current Project : All is within.

Post  Squidward Tentacles Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:11 pm

Okay, my turn..........

Green Snake wrote:And no, I am not impatient,.....
    .........True, but you act like a selfish narcissist, who thinks that his problems are larger than anyone else's. You also tend to act cocky, and tend think that you know everything. Well, ya know what? You don't know everything. One day, you will final release that you don't everything. Never admit that you're wrong, even at the times that you are.

Green Snake wrote:I'm not an artist, and I suck at it pretty much, but I have made art which has some effort to it in few days. Says a lot, doesnt it?
    Wow, so you're admitting that you're a hypocrite? You said that TSR has no art skill, but then you say that you can't do much better. Fail there.

Green Snake wrote:I dont give you criticism too often because I dont see a reason to.
    Then, there was no point of you commenting on TSR's art, because he wasn't trying to ask for your opinion. He only needed EK's opinion, since TSR was trying to help EK with his hack, since EK was asking for help. You probably criticized TSR harshly just to piss him off.    

Green Snake wrote:Sure, a day sounds much, but for the fact it is relatively short time. I have been working on my hack for well over 6 months, every day spent around 8 hours to make it, and I still am just starting off with it. So, your day doesnt sound much anymore.
     Well, there is kinda of difference between ASM editing and LEVEL ART editing. Level art editing takes less time to do then game engine editing. Level art editing could take only several hours to do, if you know how to work with SonED2 very well. ASM editing takes a hell of a lot longer to do. ASM takes YEARS to understand of how it works. Then, it still takes a long time to do a complicated code. You're comparing your time to your ASM edits to TSR's time of Level art editing. You see, you can't just compare the time of level art editing to the time of asm editing. That's just like comparing an average sixth grader's intelligence to an average ninth grader's intelligence. So claiming that level art editing for a day being a "short time" is just pointless there.      

Green Snake wrote:The reason why I am "braking" my rule is how you act when I say you things like this. For example, ragequitting, arrogancy, and all kinds of things which make me more pissed.
    That still doesn't give you a reason to brake your own rules. No wonder people to don't want you to be in any kind of control of any forum. You act like a hypocrite, and always make yourself the good guy, even though you are wrong at times.
    Ezequiel Matias

Post  Ezequiel Matias Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:46 pm

Should I be honest here?
    Green Snake
    Green Snake

Post  Green Snake Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:59 pm

Squidward Tentacles wrote:but you act like a selfish narcissist, who thinks that his problems are larger than anyone else's. You also tend to act cocky, and tend think that you know everything.
    Aside from at times being somewhat cocky, your arguments are incorrect or based on assumptions.

Squidward Tentacles wrote:Well, ya know what? You don't know everything.
    That, in fact, is completely correct. Why are you even telling me this?

Squidward Tentacles wrote:Wow, so you're admitting that you're a hypocrite? You said that TSR has no art skill, but then you say that you can't do much better. Fail there.
    Green Snake wrote:You were suggesting to help with something you barely know anything about. It pissed me a bit, especially when EK is quite good artist.
    That was my reason to call his art skills shit. I never implied I could of help anyone with any art ever.

Squidward Tentacles wrote:Then, there was no point of you commenting on TSR's art, because he wasn't trying to ask for your opinion. He only needed EK's opinion, since TSR was trying to help EK with his hack, since EK was asking for help. You probably criticized TSR harshly just to piss him off.
    if you cant take criticism, then why in the hell you would show any of your works to the public?

Squidward Tentacles wrote:Well, there is kinda of difference between ASM editing and LEVEL ART editing. Level art editing takes less time to do then game engine editing.
    That is correct.

Squidward Tentacles wrote:Level art editing could take only several hours to do, if you know how to work with SonED2 very well.
    Guess how long it took to make ALL art for Sonic games, with professional big art team? Almost as long as the whole fucking game! You dont do good art in few hours, unless you are lazy. It takes time and effort, which isnt what TSR is known for all that much. I mean I hope in the future he can make something that is good great, and stuff like that, but he's not at that level right now.

Squidward Tentacles wrote:ASM takes YEARS to understand of how it works.
    Bullshit. You could learn asm in a week if you had some prior knowledge, and even if you had not, it could take a very short time depending on how much you have idea what you are doing.

Squidward Tentacles wrote:You're comparing your time to your ASM edits to TSR's time of Level art editing.
    FYI, I've done several level arts, and I compared the effort and time it took me to do them to the completion I did do them. I usually spend weeks doing them, and even thought none of them was GREAT, they had more than few tiles.

Squidward Tentacles wrote:So claiming that level art editing for a day being a "short time" is just pointless there.
    It had a very good point, in fact. If you fail to see it even after reading what I told above, then it's pointless trying to argue due to ignorance.

Squidward Tentacles wrote:That still doesn't give you a reason to brake your own rules.
    You'd be correct on that, but you may also notice, the post was posted over 1 ago! Why in the hell are you coming to bitch about it NOW and not THEN? Or about anything in this thread anyway. I've grown as a person since those days, and I am sure we all have. So why you take these as if they were what I am currently like? Thats ridiculous.

Squidward Tentacles wrote:You act like a hypocrite, and always make yourself the good guy, even though you are wrong at times.
    How funny that you say so, because at times, yes, I've been the one who has been wrong, and at other times Sonicvaan and/or Bakayote has been wrong and I HAVE been "the good guy". And of course I want to show the facts when everyone is against me. Isn't it fairly logical? I find it very logical myself.
    Ezequiel Matias

Post  Ezequiel Matias Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:36 pm

I think everyone knows I'm on the side of... this time. But as it seems green snake doesn't bash me anymore, I will not bash him, that's how it works.
    Green Snake
    Green Snake

Post  Green Snake Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:45 am

Ezequiel Matias wrote:But as it seems green snake doesn't bash me anymore, I will not bash him, that's how it works.
    I haven't seen any reason to lately, to be honest. You haven't really posted any ignorant shit for a long time, as far as I can remember, so why should I call you out on that?
    SonicVaan
    SonicVaan

Current Project : BEING THE KING OF THE FORUM

Post  SonicVaan Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:52 am

Ehh I don't really understand why Squiddy McChimpensy is doing this >_> u r 1 yr late
    Green Snake
    Green Snake

Post  Green Snake Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:03 am

SonicVaan wrote:Ehh I don't really understand why Squiddy McChimpensy is doing this >_> u r 1 yr late
    I know right. I guess he just wants some attention? :/
    SonicVaan
    SonicVaan

Current Project : BEING THE KING OF THE FORUM

Post  SonicVaan Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:59 am

Green Snake wrote:
    SonicVaan wrote:Ehh I don't really understand why Squiddy McChimpensy is doing this >_> u r 1 yr late
    Geez, he can have some attention on Skype in one of those crowded skype groups I left. *shivers* Too much people...
    JoshDP

Post  JoshDP Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:24 pm

Green Snake wrote:
    Yeah, I don't know what the hell I was doing. I was just getting attention Razz I just didn't want to be called one of your "feet suckers"? XP
    Green Snake
    Green Snake

Post  Green Snake Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:50 am

JoshDP wrote:
    Green Snake wrote:
    Yeah, I don't know what the hell I was doing. I was just getting attention Razz I just didn't want to be called one of your "feet suckers"? XP
    Just wondering, does Ezequiel's opinion about you even matter? Or, does really anyone elses either?
    JoshDP

Post  JoshDP Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:09 pm

Green Snake wrote:
    JoshDP wrote:
    Green Snake wrote:
    Just wondering, does Ezequiel's opinion about you even matter? Or, does really anyone elses either?
    Yes, anyone's opinion about me does matter....

Well, to me anyway.
    Ezequiel Matias

Post  Ezequiel Matias Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:09 am

Green Snake wrote:
    JoshDP wrote:
    Green Snake wrote:

You obviously want to call my attention in any way possible, wasn't our rivalry over? Well, that's why I never really trusted you, and if he wants to be with or against you, it's his decision, not yours...
    Green Snake
    Green Snake

Post  Green Snake Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:43 am

Ezequiel Matias wrote:
    Green Snake wrote:
    JoshDP wrote:
    Green Snake wrote:

You obviously want to call my attention in any way possible, wasn't our rivalry over? Well, that's why I never really trusted you, and if he wants to be with or against you, it's his decision, not yours...
    I was just pointing out the fact that one should not care for others opinion, and from what he said, I assumed he was pointing at what you had said earlier, hence I mentioned you.
    Green Snake
    Green Snake

Post  Green Snake Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:46 am

Green Snake wrote:I was just pointing out the fact that one should not care for others opinion about yourself
    Well, ideally at least, but nobody can completely just ignore others opinion on you, and some less, some more.
    JoshDP

Post  JoshDP Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:47 pm

SonicVaan wrote:
    Green Snake wrote:
    Geez, he can have some attention on Skype in one of those crowded skype groups I left. *shivers* Too much people...
    Well I was one time about to start a flame war with Lazzie on that Skype chat but people were trying to stop from doing so....

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 8:38 pm