ASM to Sega Genesis Platform

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ASM to Sega Genesis Platform

All about assembly programming in the Sega Genesis console.

4 posters

Don't bother with MyOwnFreeHost.net - waste of time.

Ezequiel Matias

Don't bother with MyOwnFreeHost.net - waste of time. Empty Don't bother with MyOwnFreeHost.net - waste of time.

Post  Ezequiel Matias Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:41 pm

I can't believe I pissed away $9 on this crap. MyOwnFreeHost.net is a reseller host. It stands out because it's only $9 a year. They're a division of Byet Hosting, which looks legit enough.

First off, they claim to offer cPanel for users:

[quote]
    MyownFreeCrap wrote:
    White labeled 'cPanel' on your own unique domain.  
    Should have payed more attention to those quotes, what you actually get is an inhouse control panel they call "VistaPanel". Contrary to their "white label" touts, it has a Byet Hosting banner ad at the top, and the entire thing is just poorly designed. The reseller panel (WHM equivalent) is no better. As a reseller, you get no control over the user panel's appearance. Whatever. Maybe some people like crappy panels.

Another large problem is registration. Users don't sign up through your site - they sign up though an uncustomizable, ugly form they provide - on the domain "securesignup.net".

Upon signing up through "your" signup form, the user receives an email ridden with grammatical errors with a link to their "Vista panel", FTP, and such.

I could go on, but I think I've convinced you enough. This was a disappointment. I suppose you really do get what you pay for.

I'm glad I didn't register my domain with them. They charge $25 to transfer it out....
    Green Snake
    Green Snake

Current Project : nope

Don't bother with MyOwnFreeHost.net - waste of time. Empty Re: Don't bother with MyOwnFreeHost.net - waste of time.

Post  Green Snake Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:15 pm

haha, you really spent money on shit-hosting?
    hacker___
    hacker___

Current Project : Breathing nitrogen

Don't bother with MyOwnFreeHost.net - waste of time. Empty Re: Don't bother with MyOwnFreeHost.net - waste of time.

Post  hacker___ Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:17 pm

Green Snake wrote:haha, you really spent money on shit-hosting?
    he did because he has no brain
    Green Snake
    Green Snake

Current Project : nope

Post  Green Snake Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:51 pm

hacker___ wrote:
    oh yeah
    Ezequiel Matias

Post  Ezequiel Matias Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:55 pm

Green Snake wrote:
    hacker___ wrote:
    oh yeah
    No.
    hacker___
    hacker___

Current Project : Breathing nitrogen

Post  hacker___ Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:04 pm

Ezequiel Matias wrote:
    Green Snake wrote:
    hacker___ wrote:
    oh yeah
    No.
    But you are still stupid enough to waste money...
    Jdpense
    Jdpense

Post  Jdpense Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:58 pm

Just an annual year bump! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce affraid Basketball cheers bom drunken Basketball cheers bom drunken cherry sunny Sleep

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:26 am